Premier DoD Youth Outreach Program
Full-Time Instructor Position
We are adding a full-time instructor to our roster! Do you know someone who would be a good fit for our team? If they love teaching hands-on, minds-on STEM and have a valid MI teaching certificate, we want to hear from them! Have them send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2023. Interviews will take place the week of June 26th.
The program instructor implements and instructs all STARBASE lessons, performing in a manner that inspires students and creates memorable, positive learning experiences. This position coordinates closely with a teaching assistant and reports directly to the deputy director.
• Provides engaging hands-on classroom instruction
• Implementing appropriate classroom management practices
• Organizes and manages classrooms
• Prepares the facility and the instructional materials for classes
• Create, modify, and update electronic presentations
• Provides programming for summer academies
• Provides programming for outreach activities
• Supports after-school STARBASE 2.0 program
• A bachelor’s degree in education, an emphasis in science and math preferred
• Valid Michigan teaching certificate
• At least three (3) years of experience in elementary education is preferred
• Strong computer skills
• Dynamic communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to supervise and work as a team member
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, effective, and professional approach
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, or marital status.