- My son said he wishes every day of school was STARBASE!
- I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as a chaperone. This is a wonderful program and I was totally shocked that STARBASE existed in Alpena. The community needs to know more about it so they can support it.
- This is a wonderful program. My son loves math and science. This program helps reinforce his love for them both by giving him real world applications.
- I think STARBASE is an excellent program. I know my child can’t wait to go there. He really enjoys it. Thank You!
- This is a great program to introduce students to STEM careers at a young age. Fantastic!
- After attending STARBASE, my son makes connections to things going around him and in the news.
- Math and Science have been my daughter’s least favorite subjects. This program has definitely peaked her interest. She loves it!
- My child has always loved school, especially math and science. Since STARBASE he is more active in school. He loves to tell me what he is doing in class.
- My child has talked about STARBASE several times. He was impressed with the facility, technology and helpful staff. He felt important.
Students were asked: What was the best part of STARBASE? These are their responses…
- STEM careers because I want to be a Marine Architect and STEM careers made me think about what I want to be when I grow up.
- I most like Pop Fizz because you get to work as a team and experience science.
- I liked all the experiments because I wouldn’t be able to do them at home. I like programing robots because I never would have done it anywhere else.
- CREO because we got to create cool things.
- Minion because she is the nicest person in the world and Grey Eagle because he helps out a lot on every topic. #1 teachers!
- Experiments because it was proof to what people say.
- CREO because I loved making 3D items.
- Operation Bridge Quest, because you get to be creative and build and design.
- CSI because you can be a detective for a day and compare things.
- All of the science experiments we did. It made science more interesting and fun.